What Information We Collect
As a general matter, you can browse the Website without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The following lists a number of the most common ways in which we collect your personal information:
- When you participate in surveys, panels or research;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with processing grant, scholarship or Peace Education Prize applications;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media accounts involving the Foundation; and
- When you communicate with us through the Website.
- We may collect certain demographic data, such as age, gender and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transaction information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you a more customized experience on the Website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data,” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
How We Combine Your Information
We may combine information gathered from the Website and information that we have received, gathered, acquired or stored from other sources, both information collected offline by the El-Hibri Foundation and information received from third parties--including information that currently exists in our files--into a single customer record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or receive from third party sources to edit, enhance and/or check the accuracy of your customer record.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Website. We use the personal information for the purposes for which we collect it and for related activities in support of our mission and operations. Such purposes include:
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings and information about programs, initiatives, activities and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your grant, scholarship or Peace Education Prize application or your employment application;
- Facilitating event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services and operations;
- Undertaking research and development;
- Verifying your account and account activities;
- Detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Performing statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns;
- Managing our organization;
- Reporting Foundation actions and activities; and
- Complying with the law.
How We Share Your Information
The El-Hibri Foundation adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all of our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all of our operations and the privacy of all visitors to our Website. Except as disclosed below, we don’t sell, barter, give away, rent or permit anyone outside of the El-Hibri Foundation to use or access your personal information. We occasionally use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates and partners to perform functions, such as marketing, analytics, computer services, customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Website.
We may also occasionally share your personal information with our organizational and funding partners (including partners for the award of prizes or scholarships), grantees, or co-sponsors of our programs, activities, initiatives and events from time to time.
We may also disclose your personal information in connection with reporting El-Hibri Foundation actions and activities (e.g., grants awarded, scholarships awarded, prize awarded, etc.).
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served to us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect our personal safety and that of our affiliates, agents or the users of the Website or the public.
The El-Hibri Foundation strives to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Website. No transmission over the Internet and storage of data is completely secure, and submissions are at your sole risk.
WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION IN ANY FORM. WE DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE. ACCORDINGLY, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMTION COLLECTED FROM VISITORS TO THE WEBSITE.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, if you no longer wish to receive e-mail updates from the El-Hibri Foundation or if you believe the El-Hibri Foundation has erroneous or income information about you, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.