Peace Awards Program
Scholarships for Advancing Inclusion
Each year, the El-Hibri Foundation offers three $5,000 scholarships to undergraduate or graduate students significantly focused on advancing American Muslim inclusion. We believe that by supporting emerging leaders engaged in this work, we work toward fostering peace, understanding, and collaboration in communities across America.
Click here to read about the 2016 El-Hibri Scholarship recipients.
Who is eligible?
- Be U.S. citizens;
- Demonstrate moral courage and a commitment to advancing American Muslim inclusion and understanding, which could include (but are not limited to):
- Organizing events that promote pluralism and respect for diversity,
- Forming collaborative relationships to promote understanding across difference,
- Challenging bigotry and Islamophobia, and
- Organizing an interfaith effort;
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a U.S.-based accredited university;
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; and
- Fulfill the application requirements below.
Students with a demonstrated need for financial assistance are especially encouraged to apply.
What are the application requirements?
All applications must include:
- Three short essays describing your professional goals, what drew you to this work, and why it is meaningful to you (250 words max each);
- A copy of your resume or CV;
- A copy of your university transcript(s);
- A letter of reference from a professor or academic advisor who can speak to your leadership, character, and accomplishments on-campus; and
- A letter of reference from a current or past job/internship supervisor or mentor who can speak to your leadership, character, and accomplishments off-campus.
How can I apply?
Scholarship applications are accepted until 11:59pm EST (DC Time) on Sunday, July 23, 2017.
New Users: Click “Create New Account” to complete the registration process. You will need to provide a valid email address, your contact information, and your college or university's information to register. Your information will be saved in our system and can be reviewed and updated at any time. To access a tutorial on how to create an account, please click here.
Existing Users: Log on to the EHF online portal using your credentials. Once logged in, please click the “Apply” tab at the top of the page to access the nomination forms for each award.
All applicants have the option to save their progress as a draft and log in at a later time to continue. We strongly recommend saving your application often and before logging out. Please note that staying too long on the page without saving may cause your login credentials to “time out.” If this occurs, you may lose edits that have not been saved. We recommend cutting and pasting your answers to each question into a Word document to save as a backup.
Please contact email@example.com.