Peace Awards Program
Scholarships for Advancing Inclusion
Each year, the El-Hibri Foundation offers three $5,000 scholarships to undergraduate or graduate students significantly focused on advancing American Muslim inclusion. We believe that by supporting emerging leaders engaged in this work, we work toward fostering peace, understanding, and collaboration in communities across America.
Click here to read about the 2017 El-Hibri Scholarship recipients.
Who is eligible?
- Be U.S. citizens;
- Demonstrate moral courage and a commitment to advancing American Muslim inclusion and understanding, which could include (but is not limited to):
- Organizing events that promote pluralism and respect for diversity,
- Forming collaborative relationships to promote understanding across difference,
- Challenging bigotry and Islamophobia, and
- Organizing an interfaith effort;
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a U.S.-based accredited university;
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; and
- Fulfill the application requirements below.
Students with a demonstrated need for financial assistance are especially encouraged to apply.
What are the application requirements?
All applications must include:
- Three short essays describing your professional goals, what drew you to this work, and why it is meaningful to you (250 words max each);
- A copy of your resume or CV;
- A copy of your university transcript(s);
- A letter of reference from a professor or academic advisor who can speak to your leadership, character, and accomplishments on campus; and
- A letter of reference from a current or past job/internship supervisor or mentor who can speak to your leadership, character, and accomplishments off campus.
How can I apply?
The application process is now closed. The deadline for 2018 applications was on Monday, April 30, 2018.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.