How to Apply
The Foundation’s mission is dedicated to investing in nonprofit organizations from diverse sectors with high potential to advance the inclusion of American Muslim Communities. Consequently, we currently do not accept unsolicited proposals. However, if you believe your organization’s work is consistent with the Foundation’s strategy and approach, you may submit a short pitch as a means of letting the Foundation staff know about your activities. If we are interested in learning more about your activities, we will contact your organization.
As noted on our What We Support page, the Foundation has three funding priorities for strategic grant making. For each focus area, our staff meets with researchers, practitioners, and thought leaders in the field to understand the issues of significance and then develop strategies for effective grantmaking. We identify high-impact organizations that best align with our interests and invite them to submit a proposal.
EHF may request the following as part of the final proposal:
- Assessment of needs your project(s) will address
- Detailed timeline of activities and budget narrative describing use of requested funds
- An official copy of your organization’s budget
- An official copy of your organization’s current financial statement/balance sheet
- IRS confirmation letter, using the EHF template
- Project budget, using the EHF template
- Activity summary matrix, using the EHF template
- A copy of your organization’s last 3 years of audited financials
- A copy of your organization’s last 3 years of tax returns
Click here to submit a pitch for grant funding for your project/activity: